I jumped on the butter coffee bandwagon about 5 years ago and haven’t looked back or felt better. The more I learn about myself and health, the more my butter coffee evolves. Here’s what my morning coffee looks like these days:
- Coffee – mold-free tested coffee (yes, there is MOLD in coffee when not handled and stored properly) I like either Bullet Proof or Kion
- Butter – 1-2 tablespoons of unsalted grass-fed butter like Kerrygold.
- Bovine Collagen – 2 tablespoon – I recently switched brands to The Functional Company Bovine Collagen. Seems to be a higher quality collagen then the other brand I was using.
- Brain Octane Oil – 1-2 tablespoons of this high quality MCT (medium-chain triglyceride) oil – 100% caprylic acid triglycerides from coconut oil. If you are new to Brain Octane Oil, start slowly on the amount, could cause disaster pants : -) if your body isn’t use to it.
- Prebiotic Powder — 2 scoops of Innerfuel Prebiotic – helps support my gut bacteria, digestion and immune system.
- Mushroom Blend Mix – 2 scoops of Four Sigmatic mushroom blend mix – helps support my immune system and energy levels.