My little one is 3 today. Three years she’s been on this earth. Three years I have been a mom. I remember being told when she was born, “The days are long, BUT the years are short.” True dat!
Not exactly sure when you transition from saying “Toddler” to “Preschooler”. Heck, I was just getting used to saying “Toddler” instead of “Baby”. Maybe it’s when they stop toddling around and run everywhere? If that’s the case, than “Preschooler” it is.
A few “What I’ve Learned So Far On This Mommy-Hood Journey ” :
- Clothes on a child with “clean” stains is better than no clothes on a child.
- Clothes on mom with “clean” stains is better than no clothes on mom.
- Arriving is the cake. Being on time is the icing.
- Plans evolve around nap and bed time.
- The car seat cover is difficult to wash – way too many straps to remove.
- The importance of grace for myself and others. It is okay that my car smells like pee.
- Replying to a non-work text within a week is the new normal.
- When in doubt, play and laugh.
- Dry shampoo is essential.
- The only thing constant is change.
- A glass of wine makes everything better.
- They grow up way too fast.
- I will rest when I’m dead.
- It’s the greatest adventure yet.